Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6.27.11

Last night (6.27.11) I went back to working out. The last time was the day of Joanna's Rehearsal. I was limping some as I walked her down the aisle and working hard not to let it show. I didn't work out the day of the wedding because I wanted to be able to walk straight.

That did it. After that I decided to abort. Wait a few days, let me knee and hip recover and then start over.

So last night, I made up a WOD of my own. It combined what I love to do, an moderate pace, and still a good work out.

I did: jog a mile on the Murdock Trail. On the bench at the end of the trail, I did 50 burpees on the bench. Then 50 jumps to the bench (about 21-24"), jogged a mile back to my car. Drove to the gym and did 50 pullups (25 pull-ups, 25 chin-ups). At the gym I saw a lady doing some leg raises and remembered how good that had been for my hips and pelvic girdle in the past when things hurt, so I went home and will start doing some of those in various positions every night. Hopefully that will help my hip.

I think I will do a CrossFit "type" workout every other day, and only something moderate and cardio probably on the other days. This will give my body 48 hours to recover between CrossFit workouts, and still retain "active recovery" on the other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment