Monday, May 30, 2011

5.29.11

WOD: From CrossFit Games

For time:
21-15-9
315 lb. Deadlifts
30” Box Jumps

I did:
21-15-9
Deadlifts (1st 21 with 135#,  rest with 185# except last 3 with #135 lbs.)
Box Jumps on the second rung of the pull-up machine approximately 25” )

I have never done any deadlifts before. I did 2 with no weight on the bar to see what it is like and watched one video on CrossFit.com. They felt dangerous to my lower back. And that’s why I lowered the weight on my last 3 reps. At that point I had trouble getting the bar even off the floor, and my right knee cap felt like it was not gliding correctly over the joint. I was kind of scared of hurting my back at any time and lifts seemed kind of like slow motion. I tried to use my legs as much as possible, keep my chest up so that my back would be at a good angle, but don’t think I was doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment