Thursday, July 5, 2012

7.5.12

WOD: Overhead Squats: 5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1

I Did: (I HATE those God-awful Overhead Squats!!!)
5x 45 -- working on depth, back was tight
3x 45 -- depth and not letting weight go forward
3x 45
3x 45
1x 55 -- missed proper depth
1x 55 -- missed proper depth
1x 55 -- down to white ball
1x 55 -- to ball, lost the weight forward -- fail
1x 55 -- barely touched the white ball ----- keep working with these weights on OHSquat and get better at it.
It helps to keep the weight way back in my fingers, head up high looking toward ceiling, feet wide and focus on heels, heels, heels. And use the White ball for a depth tester.
-- In between reps of squats I did bent-arm hangs on the pull-up bar. Could hang 5-10 seconds but not with chin to bar, was down somewhat from that. When I let go at the end of each rep it just killed my forearms - felt like the bones were going to bust!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment