Saturday, July 9, 2011

7.9.11

WOD: Weighted Pull-Ups (yeah, sure) 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

I did:
Jogged to gym (1.3 miles)
Assisted Pull-ups as: 52.5 - 50 - 48- 46 - 44 (previous best) - 41.5 - 39.5
That was my seven reps, but wanted to see how much I can do right now so continued:
35.5 - 31 (successful) - 27 (failed x2).
So my new personal best is 31 lbs. assist. I weighed 232.4 this morning, so I guess I can pull-up 201 lbs.
Which begs the questions: Which will happen first? 1. I will lose enough weight to do an unassisted pull-up. 2. I will get strong enough to lift my weight. -- I'm guessing it will be a combination of the two.
Then I added in 50 kettle-bell swings with a 45 lb. plate, jogged home, and did 50 jumps on my 8" back step ... and mowed the lawn : (

Started drinking a protein shake after my work outs. Travis was telling me that if you don't get enough protein, your body catabolizes itself to repair the muscles that are "damaged" during the workout. Thus you retain fat and don't get the most out of your workouts.
So I had 1 scoop of whey protein powder in 1 cup of skim milk and a handful of ice. For flavor I mixed in to ripe peaches: 36g protein, 330 calories (40 each/peach, 90 skim milk, 160 protein mix). This is my "second" breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment