Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update Measurements

Weights and Measures: From 5/7/11 to 7/21/11 (about 10 weeks of CrossFitting)

Some measurements have increased. But then, so has my weight. I can't run as far, or as fast, but can still pound out a 5-miler at will so that's not too bad considering the drastic change in training regimen. My shape is changing, I think more than is reflected in the measurements. I'm starting to have at least a little bit of a V-shape when looking straight-on n the mirror -- of course with the belly sucked in and chest expanded. But beyond that, you can see my rib cage now, where before it was hidden beneath, well, you know what. Legs are getting bigger. Chest bigger, Arms not much but I think I have lost fat and gained muscle so maybe those are canceling each other out. I am definitely harder, stronger, more able to do things around the house and yard when i need some lifting power. So that's good. Hurting every day, all day, and all night, however is not so good. Watched a CrossFit video tonight where they interviewed a 50 year old man and 64 year old woman and noted that they started slow and built up to where they are now. And of course do not do all the things the 20 year olds are doing. So, keep it in perspective. Keep trying. Let myself rest, even a couple days at a time, which my body needs. Switching to a CrossFit workout every other day and a good running interval or tempo workout in-between seems to be a good balance. And I must remember to take rest or active rest days where I only do a 2-3 mile jog, walk, or hike. Regarding Nutrition: I've been frustrated so overate the last couple days. The reason for my frustration? FitDay.com. They say I should be able to eat 3,600 kcal/day and if I eat 468/day less than that, i can lose 42 pounds in 10 months. However, I have generally been eating about 2,000 kcal per day, and working out -- hard. So total balance of maybe 1,000 kcal some days and 2,000 kcal on others -- and have gained all this weight. Of course, with the wedding and stress, etc. there has been plenty to "celebrate" and we seem to "celebrate" in this family about twice a week. I'll plan to get in touch with the dietician at work and get some more input from her. That will be my goal over the next couple months, and see where it takes me. And keep working out. Even if I'm fat, I can be fit.

Measurements: 
Neck: 15.125" - 15.785 (+.375); 
Rt Bicep: 14.5"; - 14.875 (+.375)
Rt Forearm: 11.75"; - 11.875 (+.125)
Chest (Nipples) Expanded: 48" - 49.5 (+1.5)
Belly (Navel) Sucked-In: 41.5" - 43.5 (+2)
Mid-Thigh: 21.25 - 22.5 (+1.25)
Mid-Calf: 15" - 15.25  (+.25)
Wt: 226.4 - 235 (+9)

No comments:

Post a Comment