Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8.10.11 Overhead Squats

WOD: Overhead Squats 3-3-3-3-3

I did:
5 overhead squats just with a 15 lb. bar to try to get my shoulders loose. I can't do them without the weight coming too far forward. I will continue to work on flexibility and get that right.
Since i can't do overhead squats with weight I did:
Front squats:
3 w/ 45 lb bar
3 w/ 95 lbs
3 w/ more with 95 lbs. All of the above with full squat ROM. At this point my antecubitals were very tight and sore so I switched to back squats
3 w/ 115
3 w/ 135
3 w/ 155
3 w/ 185.
I did all of these in the squat rack which kept the bar moving exactly vertically, kept my weight back on my heels and enabled me to do good form. It is somewhat restricting that way though.
And to think, in high school at 152 lbs. I was half-squating (now I know) 315 lbs 10 times. Then again, it wrecked my knees to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment