Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8.23.11

WOD:
5 rounds for time of: 40 Double Unders; 30 Box Jumps (24 inch); 20 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood)

I Did:
5 rounds (forgot to check time) of 80 Single Jump Ropes, 30 Box Jumps (about 14 inches, tallest thing at the gym); 20 Kettlebell Swings (55 lb. Dumbbell)

Felt like a good workout to start out after a few days off. Thursday had an argument and just didn't feel like working out, then was on-call Friday, Saturday, Sunday -- and it is always difficult to get a workout in when the phone could ring at any minute and you have to help someone with hospice, or other problems. Monday night I mowed the yard, and knew I would be working out this morning, so didn't do a WOD. Extra nice that Carolyn and I had a day off together because of working the weekends and could go to the gym together. I asked Travis if he would think about going to the Grand Tetons with me in September for a few days of backpacking. I think he would be fun to go with.

So all-in-all -- somewhat disappointed in taking a few days off, but on the other hand, I am in this for the long-haul. I mean working out, one way or another, either running or CrossFit or whatever comes along. Found that there really is no secret to losing weight. When I stick to my plan the weight seems to come off. Although I frequently hit discouraging plateaus. But the more I stick to this the better it works: Lean meats, health fats, nuts and seeds, colorful abundant vegetables, some fruit, some whole grains and as little processed carbs as I can manage, and plenty of water, avoid sodas (even diet ones).

No comments:

Post a Comment