Saturday, June 2, 2012

6.2.12 + PALEO NOTE

WOD: Pull-Up Ladder: Each minute on the minute do 1 pull-up, second minute 2 pull-ups, etc. until unable to complete. May use as many rounds during the minute as needed.

I Did: 44-lb. assist: 9 rounds plus 6 pull-ups. (Total 51).

Last time I did this I used (I think) 72-lbs assist and did 10 rounds plus 6. Today was a big improvement because of the lesser assistance needed.

On 5/20/12 (Monday) I started trying to follow the Paleo Diet, after reading THE PALEO ANSWER and now reading THE PALEO DIET COOKBOOK. So far I have lost about 8 pounds (less than 2 weeks), have increased energy, less tiredness, not tired after eating meals. It's not easy to follow PALEO but seems to be going well. Dr. Dionisopoulos/nutritionist said it was ok, but cautioned me not to completely exclude any food groups (like dairy, grains, or legumes). So far I have extremely limited those items. I feel about this diet because every 6 months I have a cholesterol check anyway, so that is a built in safety measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment